Circle the date Sunday, June 18th on your calendars, y'all, because Father's Day is coming up! This upcoming Sunday is a golden opportunity to spoil the men in our lives! (Not that we don't do that already, right?) When it comes to finding the perfect gift for dad, we're a little biased - obviously your first choice should be our extremely popular Mahogany Leather candle!
Lucky for y'all, we've got a little deal going on that might help you out:
Get an additional 50% off already reduced Mahogany Leather jar candles, simmer snaps, and tealights!
Scent note: Warm notes of brushed suede and rich leather are combined with sheer florals, smoked myrrh, and musk to create an enchanting fragrance.
Oh yeah! Check out this Father's Day trivia we put together:
1. Halsey Taylor invented the drinking fountain as a tribute to his father, who succumbed to typhoid fever after drinking from a contaminated public water supply in 1896.
2. George Washington, the celebrated Father of Our Country, had no children of his own. Researchers believe that childhood illnesses may have rendered him sterile. He did adopt the two children from Martha Custis' first marriage.
3. In Thailand, the King's birthday also serves as National Father's Day. The celebration includes fireworks and acts of charity and honor - the most distinct being the donation of blood and the liberation of captive animals.
4. In 1950, after the Washington Post music critic gave Harry Truman's daughter's concert a negative review, the president came out swinging: "Some day I hope to meet you," he wrote. "When that happens you'll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes, and perhaps a supporter below!"
5. A.A. Milne created Winnie the Pooh for his son, Christopher Robin. Pooh was based on Robin's teddy bear, Edward, a gift Christopher had received for his first birthday, and on their father/son visits to the London Zoo, where the bear named Winnie was Christopher's favorite. Pooh comes from the name of Christopher's pet swan (of course).
6. Kurt Vonnegut was, for a short time, Geraldo Rivera's father-in-law. Rivera's marriage to Edith Vonnegut ended in 1974 because of his womanizing. Her ever-protective father was quoted as saying, "If I see Gerry again, I'll spit in his face." He also included an unflattering character named Jerry Rivers, a chauffeur, in a few of his books.
7. Andre Agassi's father represented Iran in the 1948 and 1952 Olympics as a boxer.
8. According to a 2005 survey commissioned by TiVo, here are the top ten TV dads of all time:
1. Cliff Huxtable (The Cosby Show)
2. Sheriff Andy Taylor (The Andy Griffith Show)
3. Pa Ingalls (Little House on the Prairie)
4. Howard Cunningham (Happy Days)
5. Ward Cleaver (Leave it to Beaver)
6. Jim Anderson (Father Knows Best)
7. Mike Brady (The Brady Bunch)
8. Tim Taylor (Home Improvement)
9. Reverend Eric Camden (7th Heaven)
10. Danny Tanner (Full House).