5 Tips That Make Back to School (Much) Easier
Posted on July 26 2018
Back To School.
Unless you've been living under a rock for the past couple of weeks, every man, woman and child knows it's almost time for school to begin again. For most parents (and grandparents), they're rejoicing having the kids out of the house and back where they belong.
Despite the excitement for the first day of school, a feeling of anxiety is slowly building in the air. Summer is the time for vacation and relaxation, but the start of the school year... is not. It means scrambling to get out the door on time and throwing together a poster board project at the last minute.
That's why we've provided a quick and dirty list of things that'll make your life (and your family's life) much simpler during the school year:
Disclaimer: Organization Is Key
When the madness kicks in (and I promise you it will) nothing will save your life more than knowing exactly where everything is. There should always be a designated area for the backpacks, the school supplies, the lunch snacks... you get the idea.
When things go pear-shaped, organization is key!
1. Keep a stash of school supplies in a designated area. Fill it with pens, poster boards, paper, markers, index cards, glue sticks, etc. (Hint, hint: recycle our CC oval jars for a cute and convenient pen cup.) Feel free to make a designated area for all school supplies, including backpacks and lunch boxes.
2. Put everything on a calendar! That way you'll never forget picture day or a PTA meeting. Be sure to check the noticeboard at the beginning of the week and the night before so nothing takes you by surprise.
3. Have your kids pack their backpacks and lunches the night before. That'll help avoid a frantic scramble for the door in the morning.
4. Free up some much needed space by donating old clothes to the needy and tossing broken office supplies and empty toiletries into the recycling. If you're feeling extra crafty, a lot of these empty containers can be use to up your organizational DIY game!
5. Make homework relaxing and enjoyable for the kids. The last thing kids feel like doing after spending the whole day at school is doing homework. Create a relaxing environment by lighting a Zen candle, putting on some light music and providing them with a yummy (and healthy) snack.
What are your tried-and-true Back to School tips?
Shop This Post: